Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oil based paint is the devil

Sarah, my friend since 1st grade, visited me this week and we made huge strides forward in paiting the rest of my house.

We learned some important lessons:

1. Sometimes things look worse before they start to look better.
So much white, yuck! Which leads me to....

2. Oil-based primer is BAD. It does not come off. Ever. I still have some in my hair, not to mention my arms, legs, and hands.

3. Paint colors sometimes look nicer when they're dry. I think this is gorgeous. It was not so gorgeous while it was wet....
A white chair rail dividing the two colors is soon to come.

4. Even though painting with white is awful and painting cabinets is even more awful, it's important to remember to keep the big picture in mind.
5. Friends are AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment